AC and DC Power Monitors
DARE AC and DC operated power monitors are designed to sense and monitor the frequency, phase, and voltage of power in aircraft electrical systems, ground power equipment, auxiliary power units (APU’s) and other equipment.
If the phase sequence rotation, voltage, and frequency of the power within the system being monitored are within the specified upper and lower limits of the operation band, the power monitor's output relay will energize. If the power monitor detects an over / under voltage, over / under frequency, loss of phase, or out-of-phase sequence, the power monitor's relay will de-energize.
Time delays on pull-in (operate) and drop-out (release) can be added to prevent the power monitor from reacting to transient power conditions, and the output of the power monitor can be used to activate alarms. In addition, the output of the power monitor can be connected to a power contactor that will switch the actual load.
AC and DC operated power monitor design features and options include:
- 28 VDC or 115/220/440 VAC 50 Hz, 60 Hz, or 400 Hz operation
- Single or three phase models (Wye or Delta)
- Phase loss sensing
- Electromechanical relay or solid state output
- SPST, 2PDT, 3PDT, and 4PDT relay output configurations
- 2 amp, 5 amp, 10 amp and 25 amp contact ratings
- Hysteresis to prevent output chatter due to small frequency and voltage fluctuation
- Hermetic sealing and encapsulating for immunity to shock, vibration, and environmental extremes
- Temperature ratings from -55ºC to +125ºC -or- -40ºC to +85ºC
- Vibration, Shock, Acceleration, Humidity, & Altitude ratings per MIL-STD-810, and
- Voltage Transients per MIL-STD-704