Services and Capabilities
DARE performs all of its engineering design, manufacturing, quality, and administrative functions in its 30,000 sq. ft. facility located in Troy, Ohio, a suburb of Dayton, Ohio - just minutes from Wright Patterson Air Force Base. In addition, DARE has top notch experienced personnel who have consistently served the military, ground support, and aerospace market for more than 25 years.
Our facilities and equipment are specifically tailored to meet the distinctive needs of the military / aerospace market, and DARE can perform a full range of environmental testing on its products.
- High and Low Temperature Testing including Thermal Shock
- Humidity Testing to 100% Relative Humidity at High and Low Temperatures
- Altitude Testing to 100,000 Feet
- Combined Vibration, Temperature and Altitude Testing
- Mass Spectrometer for Leak Testing
- Vibration Testing to 50 G's and 3000 Hz including Resonance Scan, Cycling, and Endurance
- Free Fall Half Sine Wave Mechanical Shock Testing to 100 G's
Quality and Manufacturing
- DARE has MIL-R-6106 (now MIL-PRF-6106) facility approval, and
- Workmanship standards include MIL-STD-454 and IPC-610.
- DARE has MIL-STD-704 aircraft type Single and Three Phase 400 Hz Power throughout the factory,
- An extensive amount of equipment specifically oriented toward testing previously discontinued products, and
- A comprehensive engineering library of drawings and technical manuals on discontinued and obsolete products.
Machinery and Equipment
DARE has a full array of electronic test and assembly equipment, including a wave soldering machine, hand soldering equipment, oscilloscopes, meters, and a 400 Hz generator.
In addition, DARE has a complete machine shop with milling machines, lathes, tool grinders, drill presses, arbor presses, band saws, lapping and polishing machines, punch presses, shearing presses, metal breaks, vacuum ovens, ultrasonic cleaners and an optical comparator.